Google has been our saviour for years, but it has also become a source of unfiltered information. Who doesn’t want to see quality content? To search for something and get precisely what you wanted. While we were holding on to that thought, Google was working on assisting its users with a favourable experience.
Google will introduce new search updates, striving to make it simpler for people to discover high-quality content for their searches.
How will these search updates work?
1. The improved ranking will target the amount of low-quality or unoriginal content that ranks high in search results and will try to eliminate it.
2. Google will request users to identify helpful content and rank it more prominently in search results.
3. Inspired by the remarkable growth of short-form video content over social media platforms, Google aims to bring in higher-quality reviews on products and services, places to eat and visit etc.
Benefits of the New Search Updates:
1. The update will enhance users’ results when searching for content online, like educational materials, arts and entertainment, statistics, credible news, shopping and tech-related content, etc.
2. We have usually experienced that when we search for particular topics on Google, we end up with repeated results lacking unique perspectives. With this update, Google promises its users are likelier to read something they haven’t seen before.
3. It will help deduct the low-quality results from websites that have learned to trick the system with optimised content to rank high in search results.
4. It will veer around the young users currently relying on TikTok and Instagram when looking for a place for an outing instead of Google Maps or Search.
The company intends to refine its systems and build on these improvements to launch a series of updates designed to show more beneficial and in-depth reviews in search results and reduce the proportion of low-quality and unoriginal content.
Some of the information in this article is sourced from TechCrunch.