Who doesn’t require a little shove to reach up to their full potential? We have witnessed for a while now that short-form video content has substantially increased engagement and reach. We all are no strangers to the fact that reel-based content has been the fastest-growing format on Instagram. It has assisted users in exploring deeper into their interests, discovering new businesses and entertaining them to their fullest. Therefore, to give that little shove to the Reels, Instagram has introduced a new ‘Boost’ promotion option to amplify the reach.
Prerequisites to uphold before becoming an eligible Reel to turn into ads~
1. If it weren’t for the short-form video content, we wouldn’t be doing this; therefore, Reel clips must be less than 60 seconds.
2. Reel video format should be of 9:16 aspect ratio, i.e. they should be filmed vertically and have a full-screen design.
3. Reels shouldn’t use third-party IPs such as copyrighted music, GIFs, interactive stickers or camera filters.
4. Reels previously posted on Facebook cannot be used.
5. Reels shouldn’t be shared on Facebook via the ‘Allow on Facebook’ option on the Instagram app.
How does it work?
After you’ve successfully made a Reel remembering all the prerequisites before you upload it, you’ll see the new ‘Boost’ option in the lower function bar. If the Reel is eligible, you can ‘tap’ on it, which will take you through the quick promotion process. Brands can boost the Reels already on their profile grid by simply tapping the ‘Boost Post’ option.
How will it help the brands?
Instagram suggests that the boosted Reels will be qualified to appear on the Feed, Stories, Reels tab and the Explore section. Therefore, enabling businesses to boost their Reels to turn them into ads. This feature will help brands capture the untapped target audiences, drive more engagement and fetch new customers.
Besides making the Reels according to the prerequisites and boosting, brands should also ensure that their content aims toward brand engagement which involves knowing what your audience wants to see.
Yes, Reels are the fastest growing content on Instagram, but it is the quality of the content that will help businesses grow. While you are focusing on tapping into a new audience through Reels, don’t forget to roll out good quality content that will engage your audience.
So create and boost Reels, and don’t forget to check your insights after the boost!
Some of the information in this article is sourced from SocialMediaToday.